The Niagara Parks Commission is one of the largest employers in the Niagara Region, with over 1,600 full time and seasonal employees. An agency of the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, our Mission is to protect the natural and cultural heritage along the Niagara River for the enjoyment of visitors while maintaining financial self-sufficiency.
Niagara Parks Commission does not receive taxpayer dollars, but raises the revenue to maintain the parklands containing significant natural and historic assets through the operation of attractions, restaurants, gift shops, parking lots and golf courses.
The Niagara Parks Commission values:
- Transparency and accountability at the root of all that we do.
- Cooperation and collaboration between and amongst Commissioners, staff and stakeholders that results in our delivery of consistent, high quality products and services.
- Innovative practices that create exciting and lasting memories for our visitors.
- Responsiveness and sensitivity to aligning products and services with the changing needs of our visitors, our partners and our contributors.
- Diversity in our staff and customer base that expands the richness of the cultural experience.
Health & Wellness
Eligible employees are able to participate in a defined benefit pension plan, group benefits plan and an Employee Assistance Program.
Learning & Development
We facilitate in-house and external training and development opportunities to enhance our employees’ skill sets, knowledge and job performance. Employees can also apply through our Educational Assistance Program to take advantage of a variety of courses, seminars and online training with departmental approval. We also support relevant professional memberships and certifications.
We are committed to providing employees with the tools that they need in order to be effective on the job and provide the best service possible to our visitors.
We participate in the Attractions Ontario Reciprocal Admissions Program, which provides discounts to all public sector employees visiting participating attractions throughout Ontario.
Our employees receive various discounts at our Niagara Parks locations.
Where uniforms are required, they are provided to the employee at no cost.